How to get people involved in their community in a fun and entertaining way
1. create a geocaching contest throughout the parks and points of interest in Fairview using QR codes. Find a way to utilize Fairview website to people can track their find and progress. provide prizes and points with a leader boards.
2. create a variation for Fairview businesses. scan a track progress. award points and prizes. Perhaps have the business give out discounts or trinkets
3. Fairview sign selfie contest. Points and prizes… rotating slideshow on the Fairview website
4 cases of Chalk $16.00 ea = 56 sets of chalk
Need assorted prizes and gift Cards
Mike has agreed to be a judge. Perhaps the Council will Judge?
Banners and Flyers $100
Couple of things:
- City of Fairview needs a new Public works building that is earth quake proof. In doing so, The city should create a city emergency disaster facility. Storage of Backup communication, Stores of Food and supplies. Maybe we already have one and its a closely guarded secret.
- As the Volunteer grows. They are plenty of examples of communities that have Community Emergency Response teams.
http://www.ashland.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=10752 – City of Ashland CERT program
I have always had a bug about keeping an emergency Kit. Unfortunately, not everyone does. City should be prepared
Friends of Fairview Future Projects list:
- Fairview Woods Maintenance
- Building raised flower beds and a garden area at 1603 NE 207th PL
- Salish ponds cleanup
- Project Green Feed.
- Community Park activities ie: (Flicks in the Park)
2014 8th annual Fairview on the Green.
August 16th – Fairview Community Park.
Fundraising Goal: $15,000